Who should apply to the Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency?
- Anyone interested in teaching low-income students
- Individuals interested in a rigorous and supportive teacher residency program
- College seniors and recent graduates who want to settle in Denver or the San Luis Valley
- Professionals looking to make a career change to teaching
To be eligible to apply to the 2014/15 Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency Program, applicants must:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution by the end of June 2014
- Have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or able to work legally in the U.S.
Candidates who have already completed a teacher preparation program, or who already have teaching licenses are encouraged to apply to the program as an opportunity to engage in a specialized, mentored teaching residency focusing on the skills, knowledge, and dispositions needed for highly-successful teaching.
For more information on the alternative licensing requirements, please visit the Educator Licensing Unit with the Colorado Department of Education at http://www.cde.state.co.us/index_license.htm