Boettcher Teacher Residency Application
Applicants must submit an online application for the Boettcher Teacher Residency. There are a limited number of applicants accepted into the Residency program each year. Candidates will be considered until the program is full for the upcoming school year.
To complete your application and move into our initial screening process, please upload copies of the following items to your online application or mail to: Boettcher Teacher Residency Office, 600 Grant Street Ste 525, Denver, CO 80203. The items are:
- Statement of Purpose and Essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts from all universities and colleges attended; please mail official transcripts to our office
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead specifically addressing the area in which the student wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidate’s strengths and potential
For Accepted Residents
Colorado Department of Education – Educator Licensing
CBI Fingerprint card
Submit the CDE-approved fingerprint card directly to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) with a $39.50 money order or certified check made payable to CBI. The fingerprint card CDE uses is a standard, 8 inch by eight inch square FBI card marked “Applicant” in the upper left corner and should be available at any law enforcement agency. The fingerprints can be taken at any law enforcement agency across the country or at an embassy in a foreign country.
Request official test scores to be sent directly to the Colorado Department of Education (agency code 7040) by the appropriate testing services and forward a copy to email@example.com. Below is a list of the approved exams for licensure in Colorado:
- Early Childhood Education: #5024 Content Knowledge
- Elementary Education: #5001 Multiple Subjects (Prior to 9.1.14, test codes #0014 or #5014 are acceptable)
- English Language Arts: #5038 Content Knowledge (Prior to 12.31.13, test codes #0041 or #5041 are acceptable
- Mathematics: #5161 Content Knowledge (Prior to 12.31.13, test codes #0061 or #5061 are acceptable)
- General Science: #0435 or #5435 Content Knowledge
- Social Studies: #0081 or #5081 Content Knowledge
Alternative Teacher License Application
Submit the Alternative Teacher License application to the Colorado Department of Education. Upon approval, you will receive your Alternative License via email from the Colorado Department of Education. Please forward a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid application
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. For additional support with financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid office at Adams State University.
- New forms become available January 1 each year.
- Adams State University school code is 001345.
- Be sure to complete an application for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018.