Step 1: The Boettcher Teacher Residency
Applicants must submit an online application for the Boettcher Teacher Residency. There are a limited number of applicants accepted into the Residency program each year. Candidates will be considered until the program is full for the upcoming school year.
Please submit copies of the following items to email@example.com or mail to: Boettcher Teacher Residency Office, 600 Grant Street Ste 525, Denver, CO 80203. The items are:
- Statement of purpose and essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official Transcripts from all universities and colleges attended
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead specifically addressing the area in which the student wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidate’s strengths and potential
- Copy of completed Release of Education Records form for Adams State (San Luis Valley)
- Adams State University graduate program application (applicants should select 05-Graduate Studies)
Step 2: Colorado Department of Education – Educator Licensing
CBI Fingerprint card
Submit the CDE-approved fingerprint card directly to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) with a $39.50 money order or certified check made payable to CBI. The fingerprint card CDE uses is a standard, 8 inch by eight inch square FBI card marked “Applicant” in the upper left corner and should be available at any law enforcement agency. The fingerprints can be taken at any law enforcement agency across the country or at an embassy in a foreign country.
Statement of Eligibility Application
Submit the CDE Statement of Eligibility (SOE) application for the Alternative Teacher License Process. Upon approval, you will receive your Statement of Eligibility (SOE) via email from the Colorado Department of Education. Please forward a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request official test scores to be sent directly to the Colorado Department of Education (agency code 7040) by the appropriate testing services and forward a copy to email@example.com. Below is a list of the approved exams for licensure in Colorado:
#01 – Elementary Education
#04 – Math
#05 – Science
#06 – Social Studies
#07 – English
#5018 – Elementary Education: Content Knowledge (Prior to 9.1.14, test codes #0014 or #5014 are acceptable)
#5038 – English Language Arts: Content Knowledge (Prior to 12.31.13, test codes #0041 or #5041 are acceptable)
#5161 – Mathematics: Content Knowledge (Prior to 12.31.13, test codes #0061 or #5061 are acceptable)
#0435 or #5435 – General Science: Content Knowledge
#0081 or #5081 – Social Studies: Content Knowledge
Step 3: Financial Aid application
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. For additional support with financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid office at Adams State University.
- New forms become available January 1 each year.
- Adams State University school code is 001345.
- Be sure to complete an application for 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
Step 4: Submit your application
December 5, 2014
January 30, 2015
There are a limited number of applicants accepted into the Residency program each year. Candidates will be considered until the program is full for the upcoming school year.
Recruitment and Admissions Manager