Boettcher Teacher Residency
Having a great teacher is the single most important school-based factor to close the achievement gap.
The Boettcher Teacher Residency (BTR) recruits and trains individuals to become exceptional teachers by providing an intensive and supportive teacher training program which combines master’s level coursework with hands-on learning in a K-12 classroom.
Similar to the medical residency model, BTR combines theory with a year-long apprenticeship under the guidance of an experienced and skilled Mentor Teacher who provides feedback and coaching. Residents are specially trained and endorsed to work with culturally and linguistically diverse students.
The Boettcher Teacher Residency Program offers:
- A Master of Arts in Education
- Colorado Teacher’s License
- An apprenticeship in a K-12 classroom, with the opportunity to learn from a highly-effective Mentor Teacher four days/week for an entire school year
- Discounted tuition and a living stipend
- Option to live in either an urban or rural setting in Colorado: Denver or the San Luis Valley
Who should apply?
- Anyone with a drive and passion in making a difference in the lives of low-income children
- Individuals interested in a rigorous and supportive teacher residency program
- College seniors and recent graduates who want to settle in Denver or the San Luis Valley
- Professionals of all ages that are interested in a career change