Boettcher Teacher Residency
Having a great teacher is the single most important school-based factor to close the achievement gap.
Boettcher Teacher Residency prepares people to have exceptional teaching careers through a hands-on Master’s degree program.
We believe the classroom is the best place for teachers to develop the skills they need, so we place them in teaching positions alongside master teachers right from the start. Every day, our resident teachers pour themselves into teaching students, all the while fulfilling their own coursework requirements for a master’s degree.
We help them every step of the way with outstanding mentors, peer groups, and expertise because we know that when teachers are well-trained and energetically supported, their commitment to the careers soar and students thrive as a result.
Researching Residency Options
One of the ways we help is by supporting prospective applicants researching a variety of residency options. Click here to access a variety of tools to support your search.
Boettcher Teachers enter the classroom prepared
The Boettcher Teacher Residency Program offers:
- Master’s degree in Education
- Full year apprenticeship in a classroom under the guidance of a Mentor Teacher who provides intensive feedback and coaching
- Opportunity to work in a variety of high-needs Colorado school districts (Metro Denver, San Luis Valley, or Southwest Colorado)
- A collaborative cohort of learners that continue to provide on-going professional support throughout one’s teaching career
- Colorado Teacher’s License
Who should apply?
- Anyone with a drive and passion in making a difference in the lives of low-income children
- Individuals interested in a rigorous and supportive teacher residency program
- College seniors and recent graduates who want to settle in Denver, Alamosa or Durango
- Professionals of all ages that are interested in a career change